Friday, March 14, 2014

Tale of the Dinosaurs, free senses and wipe my hands.

I've got really badly behind again -- we're having a tough time with sleep at the moment, but we'll come through eventually.

1. Alec sits very still on the sofa listening to an audiobook of Peter Rabbit. Then he listens to half of Squirrel Nutkin. Only then do the questions about dinosaurs begin. It seems he was looking over my shoulder as I downloaded the Beatrix Potter collection, and thought I was getting the book with the purple dinosaur on the front.

2. Thursday afternoons, once the children are safe in nursery, are rather an assault on my senses. Freed from all the distractions of motherhood I notice pink cherry blossom and an elderly couple at the bus stop who move their heads like tortoises and a curious punning numberplate on a taxi and... and... and... It's all a bit much.

3. It is satisfying to clean Alec's very grimy hands with a baby wipe. He ran one palm along the crash barrier outside Hoopers, and I think even he was horrified by the result.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...