Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Aunt, reluctant gardener and very tired.

Thanks to whoever nominated me for a MAD Blog Award -- your support is much appreciated. I'm in very grand company though, and there are a lot of nominated blogs.

1. The soft knock on the door that signifies the arrival of an aunt who isn't scared of chicken pox.

2. I force a reluctant Alec into his coat and shoes and make him help me with the weeding in the front garden -- just to get him out under the sky. He is soon making a mud pie for the worms with "sugar and icing and strawberries on top."

3. I can tell Alec is very, very tired because he is listening patiently to Jeremy Fisher without asking any questions.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...