We've had a short break in Bexhill, and this is a quick round-up of the best bits.
1. The sea is cold and it takes me ages to get in -- but once I am in, it feels so good to be part of the waters that cover most of our world.
2. A fingernail of moon hiding in a wrack of wispy cloud in the blue, blue sky.
3. Bettany in a rage that we have not found a playground marches us away from the garden in the old town that we planned to visit and down a twitten that takes us over a road bridge and right back to the seafront.
4. I convince everyone to go back to the garden and it is indeed very lovely, laid out around a ruined manor house in a series of rooms, each different and surprising, within the bounds of what municipal gardening can achieve.
5. To catch sight of Alec's friend waving at us in the park.
6. Eating dinner in the window of restaurant while the rain falls steadily outside.
7. Our proper seaside landlady tells us she is going shopping and asks if there is anything we want for breakfast that we haven't been offered.