Thursday, February 23, 2023

Daffs, free ride and no fuss.


1. To spot a couple of daffodils in pots, still wrapped in their sepals.

2. The man standing at the bus stop with me has a vision impairment, so I let him know when the bus is arriving. He uses his bus pass to pay me on as his assistant and we chat all the way into town. I am entirely astonished when he correctly judges my age after laying a hand on my cheek. And I notice that each time I use an emotion word, his hand goes to my jaw to discover my expression from the muscle tension there.

3. It's a little late, but homework has been done without too much fuss, and so I read a chapter to the children.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...