Thursday, March 09, 2023

Early snow, work station and mischief.

1. I wake rather early and am the first in the house to know that it has snowed overnight. When I open the shutters, bin men are making the first footprints. One of them is taking a photo -- but I'm not sure if it's for work purposes or because he likes the look of the untouched snow.

2. My new monitor stand is an upgrade from the old one. Once we've screwed it all together and clamped it to the desk, we marvel at how easy and effortless it is to adjust the screens.

3. While I am reading to them, the children share some stories of school mischief. Their reactions are a mix of irritation at the disruption, interest in the reactions of their friends and the teachers, and joy in the comedy of it.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...