Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Show, cancelled and rain sound.

1. On a whim, despite our fairly complicated schedule, I got tickets for myself and the children to a circussy magical acrobatics touring show -- Splash Test Dummies. I liked glancing along the row and seeing my children leaning forward with open mouths, or little smiles; and other people's children so excited they were standing up. Anyway -- if they come to your town, make sure you go and see them: it's proper laugh-out-loud, gasp-out-loud stuff.

2. We come out of the theatre blinking in the light, and I find my evening plans have been cancelled so we can discuss the show at our leisure.

3. I sit down to read to the children, and through the window behind me I can hear the rain.

Tiny rain, snail and kneading.

1. We can't feel the tiny raindrops, but we can see the rings on the still pond. 2. A snail in a pinkish shell watches us come up the pa...