Friday, May 28, 2004

White flowers, mother's ruin and yellow flowers.

1. For the last few days, I have been smelling something heavenly on my way to work. It was sweet and heavy, a little hayfevery and drowsey. I couldn't place it, and then I realised that it was philadelphus. When I was little, I had a swing next to a philadelphus bush. As I swung, I would kick its clusters of golf-ball-sized white flowers, and the scent would follow me back down to earth.

2. I showed a writer friend how to send attachments with emails and she rewarded me with a chat over a gin and tonic made with her secret stash of Bombay Sapphire.

3. Buttercups growing in the shade.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...