Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Heating, tea and miau.

1. I usually go to bed freezing cold -- at this time of year I just don't seem to be able to get warm. But sometime in the middle of the night I must heat up, because I'm always toasty when I wake up -- so cosy that I don't want to get up. I have to pretend that I simply must listen to the news before breakfast.

2. Having a cup of tea brought to your desk when you are really thirsty.

3. I am on cat feeding duty for a colleague. The cat used to ignore me when I arrived; now he waits in the dark so all you can see is white chest. When I arrive, he says 'Miau' and waits at the top of the stairs so I have to rub his head on my way down to the kitchen.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...