Thursday, March 22, 2007

Talking time, droll and what line.

1. Being driven to work by Oli because it gives us the chance to chew over work issues and to discuss writing.

2. He Who Shall Not Be Named offers to let me do a scratch card. It shows a win of £50,000. I am dubious as the back suggests it should be 'filled in with invisible ink'. I caught him browsing jokes on Ebay recently. I wonder if this is one of them.

3. The quote from an Independent review on the front of Minotaur. It's by Barbara Vine (better known as Ruth Rendell). 'Vintage wine from the Rendell Vine.' I can imagine reviewers clawing at each other's faces for the chance to use this line.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...