Sunday, February 17, 2008

Half for you, a run and conjunctions.

1. Having a boyfriend who needs to share my lunch.

2. We messed up the timing on our journey and got to St Pancras with only minutes to spare. We had to run the whole length of the station, dodging other travellers and hefting our cases up and down stairs. We leapt on to the train with a minute to spare, and Nick kissed me and told me how impressed he was that I had kept up.

3. We helped Saiya with her homework -- write what you did over half term. 'It's got to have speech marks and commas and full stops and conjunctions.' I mouth to Nick over her head: 'What's a conjunction.' Luckily Saiya knows already: 'It's 'ands' and 'buts'.'

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...