Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shopping, beauty and growing.

1. My mother-in-law to-be and I go shopping for her wedding outfit. It's pleasing to see her have a break for all her caring duties. I hope she enjoyed it: I always feel a bit shy around her. It's lucky we're both so fond of Nick, because it gives us something to talk about.

2. I had a facial yesterday at The Holistic Health Centre. It must look strange to see that in among the posts about job hunting and signing on; but I do want to have glowing skin on our wedding day, and the massage makes me feel so much better. Plus Sandra always shares some wisdom while she works. We talked about how important it is to keep to the path, and remember what you are really trying to achieve.

3. The smell of germinating mustard and cress seeds: wet and peppery. I like to see the tiny changes that happen each day.

Picture of cress from Stock.xchg

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...