Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reading feeding, the wall and coming home.

1. Now that Alec is bigger and better able to support his own weight, I can read while I feed him. I finish another of my Christmas books -- time to take it downstairs and put it with the others in the series. And time to take the next one off the to-read pile and put it on my bedside table.

2. We both hit a wall after lunch. I take Alec upstairs and give him a feed. He drowses, and I nod over the first pages of my new book. When I look down, my nipple has fallen from his mouth. I roll him off and lie down next to him. We sleep until 5pm.

3. The text message I was too sleepy to check is from Nick, to say he'll be home early -- just an hour to wait now.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...