Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Noticing Alec, looking around and tractor.

Sorry I've been quiet for a few days -- we were having a short holiday in Norfolk.

1. At the station police are everywhere, ominous in their hi-vis body armour and encrustations of kit. But two of them notice Alec trotting along beside me and they smile and wave at him as they pass.

2. Nick pauses before he starts climbing the station steps. I try to hurry him up. "I'm on holiday," he says. "I'm looking around."

3. Norfolk is full of tractors -- we've been pointing them out to Alec along the way. The taxi driver slows right down for our little boy's viewing pleasure as we pass a huge red one parked by the side of the road.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...