Saturday, July 06, 2013

Wild flowers, to the country and shady.

1. We go up to the hospital to get Bettany's hearing screened. Around the car parks there are banks of  grasses and wild flowers. I spot clover, vetch and yellow rattle, as well as those giant dandelion clocks that look like geodesic domes.

2. To escape for the rest of the day: Rosey, Bettany at I head out to the country for lunch and cake at a cafe I've heard  good things about -- Olive Stores on Brenchley's pretty High Street. The food is delicious, the atmosphere is chilled and it feels very much as if we're on holiday.

3. A day when it's hot enough to sit in the shade. Also, I feel strong enough to walk all round the lake at Dunorlan Park.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...