Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Here I am, throwing a ball and on TV.

I realised a few days into our skiing holiday that I never explained where I was going -- apologies for that. But we're back to normal now (just about).

1. This time, I'm ready for the flurry of communications that mark the day after a long weekend. They used to cause me anguish because they disrupted my work plans. But now I've noticed them, I can accept the 'hallo, I'm here; where are you at?' messages, and even take control by sending out a few of my own.

2. Looking from the window of the bus on to the lower cricket pitch I see a man throw a ball for his black and white dog. The dog just stands there.

3. The children ask very enthusiastically if we can watch David Attenborough's Wild Isles this evening.

Two left, weeding and wisteria.

1. There are just two Jaffacakes left, so I have them. 2. The crackling, popping sound of weeds lifting out of gravel. 3. While the kettle b...