Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Oh la la, dodo and lazy.

1. My new fishnet tights, which are black-coffee-with-sun-shining-through-it brown.

2. I have bought myself a cook's notebook - the Dodo sort. I've wanted a book to organise my stash of torn-out recipes for ages and ages; and I've been looking for an excuse to buy one of Dodo's slightly expensive but whimsical books. So I did it. I love the thought of my future children trying to decipher my scrawled notes - 'Couldn't get goose. Used a partridge.' And 'Much improved by a few spoonfuls of whiskey.' And 'soap works.' And 'NB not technically vegetarian, but no-one noticed.'

3. The amount of washing up left by a pizza, ie, not much.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...