Saturday, July 14, 2007

Oli, extra audience and whisper.

1. Oli had the worst day ever yesterday. Work problems, followed by his car being written off -- he only went in to top up the break fluid and was told that a small accident could have made his car burst into flames -- which resulted in him missing a gig. So here are three beautiful things about Oli: a. He is looking forward to being a father and writing lullabyes. b. He understands what Ellie and I see in the new sandwich man. c. When it's raining, or I am in a hurry or indisposed or heavily burdened, he drives me all the way down the hill and then battles back through the rush-hour traffic.

2. Children peering round the fence to watch an outdoor production of Romeo and Juliet.

3. Having something whispered in my ear.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...