Friday, April 10, 2009

Lift, draining away and on the bus.

The book mentioned in Thursday's post is I can do it by Louise L. Hay.

1. A colleague hoots his horn and leaps out of the traffic to pull up on the other side of the road.

2. I want to say 'no, I'm not all right,' but I don't. We talk of other things, and the feeling subsides.

3. Two young mums are giggling at a flirtacious old boy chatting to the geordie lass who is driving our bus. She asks him if he is going anywhere nice. 'No. Just a bowls meeting.'
'A bowels meeting?'
The young mums (and I) almost explode as he goes on to describe all the different places he likes to play bowls.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...