Wednesday, July 11, 2012

TV, finally and the phone call.

1. To put my now cold breakfast coffee on the sitting room window sill and watch Chuggington with Alec's warm back snuggled against me.

2. It gets to 4.30pm, and I can't face spending the empty half hour before supper at home on this day when I can't do anything right. I put Alec in the backpack and we go down to the station to watch a couple of trains pull out. Alec's little voice in my ear and his waving hand on the edge of my visual field: "Bye toot toot. Bye bye. Bye toot toot. Bye toot. Bye bye toot toot." I can see commuters smiling at us.


3. "Is now a good time?" Cat wonders when she calls.
"Yes! Oh yes, I'm so glad you called. We've had such a day. How did you know?"

Coffee, just passing and flowers on the bank.

1. Unexpectedly, a chance for a coffee and a gossip. Our slower times have converged again. 2. I make a short (and rapid so I'm not noti...