Monday, January 02, 2023

Early, up and a good read.

It's been a while, and I didn't mean to be away from my desk for so long --  but I really needed the break.

Susan Norvill, who edited United for Ukraine, an anthology of poetry and prose in support of the Ukrainian people, reports that Boudicca Press has paid the profits of £1,750 to DEC Ukraine. I am very proud to have been part of this project. There may still be a few copies available -- let me know if you'd like one, at £9.99 plus postage.

1. Before the children get up and make judgy remarks we finish the bottle of fizz at breakfast.

2. The hopeful green of narcissus shoots shouldering their way out of the compost. Thank you, Anna. Thank you, Elspeth.

Cover image of Can You Feel the Noise by Stewart Foster

3. Alec has passed me one of the books I gave him for Christmas because he liked it so much. I start to read just before bed and find that I really don't want to put it down.


Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...