Thursday, January 12, 2023

No blisters, application and toastie.

1.  There are tree surgeons working over the road. I ask for some advice about the increasingly not small tree in our garden, and they sort it out in exchange for four cups of tea. It's a job that would cost me a long time with a handsaw, and a lot of blisters. It's done by the time I bring out the tea tray.

2. While Alec and I are applying for his bank account, I tap an information link which re-starts the entire process. When I start to apologise, he says it's not my fault; it's because the system isn't working. I thought this very kind of him, and astute.

3. At supper time, Nick presents me with a baked bean toastie.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...