Monday, January 24, 2005

On the bright side, shattered and devour.

1. The days are still short which is foul, but it means that my flat is full of sun from about 8am to around 3.30pm. And its angle is so low that the rainbows from my crystal get into all sorts of out of the way places.

2. I know it rarely heralds good news, but I can't help but like the particular crunk noise of a glass cracking when you hit it really gently while washing up. It reminds me of what a miraculous substance glass is. Why is it see-through? Why doesn't it fly apart more often?

3. Reading a book in one sitting - in this case Tanith Lee's East of Midnight.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...