Thursday, July 17, 2008

For a rainy day. pride and white noise.

1. I have savings, really I do -- whenever I get unexpected money, I put it somewhere safe where it will grow. I have always felt vaguely guilty about not putting away a little each month, but never guilty enough to do anything about it. But now, for the first time in my life, I really do want to put something away each month, and feel as if I can afford to; and I've opened an account to do just that. Feeling so sure that this is what I want to do makes me think that perhaps when I resisted this in the past, I wasn't being stupid or lazy -- it was just not something that I needed to do.

2. Sarah comes in to look at her filing and says that she feels very proud of her five-year-old collection of notes and teaching aids. I think she has every right to be.

3. Websites that have muddled, half-heard white noises playing while you browse -- Rethink Daily does it and so the JK Rowling site.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...