Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Not doing it, squatters and popcorn.

1. She says she can't stand the sight of this scribbled on proof. I take it off her and do the corrections. I'm glad that someone else has hours like that; and knowing that I can get the favour back later on.

2. There is a piece of wasteland on the industrial estate, waiting for... waiting for I don't know what. At the edge, a white lilac thrives, and in its shade on a bank, a tumble of late primroses.

3. There wasn't much corn, but it had a lot of pop; and once I've filled a few snack boxes for work, there is a lot left for us to have with our supper.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...