Monday, May 18, 2009

Trick of the light, cherries and wet wool.

Today is Three Beautiful Things' fifth birthday. I can't quite believe I've been going for five years -- that's 1,825 days, and 5,475 beautiful things (plus a few extra for the days when I couldn't pick just three).

Thanks for reading everyone -- I really appreciate your company and your comments.

For anyone in the Tunbridge Wells area, I'll be at the Guinea Butt on Calverley Road from 6.30pm. Come over and celebrate with me.

1. Sunlight and shadow from the cupressus tree play on the wall outside the kitchen window.

2. Discovering that our nearest newsagents is a source of Polish cherry jaffacakes.

3. The lanolin smell of a wool jumper drying.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...