Friday, January 04, 2013

Alec date, taking down and Tove Jansson.

1. To sit with Alec in Wagamama. It's as if we are in a bubble, just the two of us. From time to time, still clutching a piece of cod cube, he leans over for a kiss on the head. I feed him a spoonful of rice. He puts a strip of cucumber in my mouth.

2. The quiet space where the Christmas tree was.

3. We watch the Tove Jansson documentary that Nick recorded without my even having to ask him. It is rather magical to see video footage of her, and of the scenery that inspired her stories. And her fine art -- I knew she was respected as an artist, but I'd never really looked closely at her work before.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...