Friday, January 18, 2013

Art, cooking and gardening.

1. Bright drawings in bath crayon -- "Mummy in shower! Daddy in shower! Alec in shower! Baba in shower! Granny in shower!" I get a short break, and then "Lady in shower!" and then: "Ally not like."

2. "Put in oven?" asks Alec showing me a jelly mould stuffed with playdough.
"I'd rather you didn't," I tell him. "The oven can be very hot and it's not for playing." We cook his cake in his cupboard -- I even set the timer to remind us to take it out. There's no need, though because he keeps opening the door to check the progress.

3. To idly read a plant merchant's catalogue and think about what I might plant in the spring.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...