Friday, June 18, 2004

A handbag, more post and finally filling the fridge.

1. I finally bought myself a new handbag. The old one is lovely - it's black with a picture of Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman about to kiss - but I've been fretting for a few weeks that it's a bit wintery, plus it's one you carry in your hand, and I don't think it's doing much for my posture. So this new satchel, which is made of soft sandy corduroy and stiff red-brown leather, is thrice welcomed. I can carry it on my shoulder. It lovely to touch. And it's always pleasing to take everything out of any old handbag and put them into a new one.

2. Two parcels - one from Rosey and one mystery one from Amazon. I don't think I ordered anything, though it's not impossible. But anyway, I'm waiting for my birthday before I open it.

3. I've been a little lazy about food recently, living off packets of noodles and bread and cheese. I went shopping properly, even planning my meals for the next few days, and filled the fridge with fresh food.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...