Monday, June 28, 2004

Social whirl, sunny afternoon and all ready.

1. At 9.30am I got a call from Fenella inquiring about lunch. At 10.30am I got a call from Rob wondering if I wanted breakfast at the cafe in Calverley Rec. At 1pm I got a call from Caroline asking about tea in the park. And when I finally got a moment to myself at 8pm, Cat called from Germany wanting to know if now was a good time to chat. I did them all, and didn't feel in the slightest bit guilty about not spending the day writing.

2. Long, warm afternoons lying on a rug in the Grove with a bottle of wine.

3. Getting into bed on Sunday night. I look around the flat, which is tidy and as clean as it ever is and feel ready to face the week ahead.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...