Monday, June 14, 2004

Hands and knees, perfect day and looking up from below.

1. Spending the morning working on Rob and Lou's allotment. Rob and I weeded a row of carrots and cleared a new area of what's going to be the herb garden. I'd forgotten how much I love grovelling around in the mud.

2. The sky was blue, the sun was hot and the air was clear. But we've had so many fine days that I didn't even think to comment on it and spent most of the day asleep. I love the idea that we have had so many perfect days that I feel able to squander them.

3. Lying on your back and looking up into the branches of an oak tree.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...