Friday, March 11, 2005

Dust biscuits, fish and lukewarm.

1. Ryvita crispbread because the pattern of dots on the top looks random but then you realise it includes a circle with a dot in the middle.

2. I love having a bit of cold cooked trout or salmon in my lunchbox. I like the colour, and it's very light on the stomach, but feels like a bit of a treat.

3. My shower isn't doing properly hot water at the moment. I think the pipes in the flat are really badly lagged, because there is hot water in the kitchen and the heating are both dandy. It that means tepid showers, which is unpleasant; but then when I get out, there is a towel warming on the radiator, and wrapping myself up in it is just the nicest thing.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...