Saturday, June 10, 2006

Map reading, fantasy and meal.

1. Ellie and Mark repositioning my cross-stitch map so I could see it while I worked.

2. Conversation with Oli: 'This always makes me think of Diagon Alley. I don't know what it's really called.' 'It's C...' 'Don't tell me! I don't want to know.'

3. Caroline has come over all housewifely. She cooked a dinner of tomatoes baked with a dollop of pesto and a sprinkling of parmasan cheese, a roasted vegetable flan and salad nicoise full of crisp beans and quarters of eggs with bright yellow soft yolks. She said that her colleague (who used to be a chef) told her that she wouldn't get the yolks right as most people overcook them -- but I reckon she got them perfect.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...