Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Trumpets, new coat and to the door.

1. Spotting some honeysuckle in full bloom. Last time I passed, the trumpets were shut tight. I stopped to smell them, because honeysuckle is one of the best things about summer. Later, when it's out full, I won't have to put my nose up to them -- the smell will be all around.

2. Pip the bear dog at work has been clipped for the summer. I didn't recognise her until she rolled over on to her back to have her tummy rubbed.

3. Having my groceries delivered by Sainsbury's, because it means that someone else has trailed round the supermarket and that I haven't walked all the way home with my arms being pulled out of their sockets.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...