Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wild places, rhododendrons and tunes.

1. The huge gate in the deer fence is off its hinges and leaning against the post. I struggle to open it enough to squeeze through the gap, feeling as if I shouldn't be doing this. This odd feeling is magnified by the darkness in the woods -- now that the leaves are out in full, it's very dark and deep and things that I can't see rustle on either side of the path. The wood feels very wild and ancient.

2. Cresting the witch's tower hill and seeing great drifts of pink and purple rhododenrons.

3. A compilation CD intriguingly labelled: 'Clare's compilation of American indie, prog rock, literate songwriters etc' -- in exchange I'm going to make a pair of portraits just as soon as I am given the photographs. I like working in exchange for stuff because it's intriguing finding out what people can do and what value they place on an hour, my idea of a good colour combinations and my thoughts on what bits of their faces are important.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...