Saturday, August 12, 2006

Gameplay, horseplay and found.

1. I'm playing Kingdom of Loathing. What I like is the way people are so kind and friendly. People who have been playing longer than me keep giving me stuff to help me along. Having said that, my magical hippy stone is still intact, so I'm not playing the version where people are allowed to attack you.

2. The sound of the girls at work squealing and giggling hysterically at something.

3. Finding things. I'm decluttering to help the flat sell. I keep finding stuff that I thought I'd lost -- most notably a stash of notes for Found, a story I wrote when I was nine and my copy of The Phantom Tollbooth. You'd have thought it would be difficult to lose things in a studio flat, but it's really not.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...