Monday, April 02, 2007

No-where to hide, locate and pile of stones.

1. We are walking down a long valley of heather and moorland grass. Rosey says it reminds of a scene in one of her favourite books, 39 Steps. The hero is walking down just such a valley afraid that at any moment a plane will appear because there is no-where to hide. Just as we are discussing the possibilities, a helicopter appears over the mountain.

2. Rosey finding her first geocache.

3. Stacking rocks on the beach. It's a game I like because there is an element of chance in what rocks will be to hand; it takes skill to balance them on top of each other; and looking back down the beach at the trail of stacks is very satisfying.

In the pond, spotted leaves and better kind of chocolate spread.

1. No tadpoles that I can see -- but something flips in the water just beyond my field of focus. 2. I take the muddy path so I can check on ...