Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rising sap, open leaves and up the pole.

1. Oli saying that warm spring mornings makes him feel nostalgic for his school days. 'We would go down to this place called 'smokers' corner' -- none of us actually smoked, but the teachers didn't know about it, and the girls from the local girls school would go there, too. It would have been the first time in the year it was warm enough to go there and...' he tails off, and I make encouraging noises, so he continues: 'Well, you know, there would've been snogging.'

2. Spotting unfurled rose leaves below my bedroom window.

3. New achievements in pole-dancing because each new thing I do gives me the confidence to try something else.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...