Saturday, April 07, 2007

Running repairs, floating away and into the past.

1. My glasses pop apart and while trying to repair them, I loose the screw. On the first day of a four-day holiday with so much computer work to do, this is not good. But I go into town in search of an opticians; find one open and discover they'll do the repair for a pound. Never have I been so pleased to see a lady holding a tiny screwdriver.

2. I pass a mother and a little girl in fits of laughter because their balloon on a stick has escaped and blown away down the road. In between laughing, the little girl shouts 'Save my balloon' and the mother warns her away from the road. A lady with grey hair and lots of shopping retrieves and crosses the street to bring it back.

3. Baby photos of respectable and dignified friends.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...