Thursday, May 12, 2011

Distracted, the future and on the move.

1. Three injections is just too much. But the nurse clicks her pen and Alec stops crying.

2. He's only a fortnight older than Alec, but his limbs are longer and he holds himself as if he knows what he's doing. He looks at me strangely when I try to arrange him as I would Alec. I feel as if I've zoomed forward in time.

3. The other mothers say "Cheer up, Alec, you'll be on the move soon." By the end of the street, he's done a loud burp and calmed down.

4. The house is pretty much as Nick left it this morning. But I know I was right to spend the afternoon feeding and holding Alec, rather than putting him down to do chores.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...