Monday, May 16, 2011

PSB, 50s progression and meringues.

1. "Come and see what's in the garden." So we walk up the hill with a colander and gather purple sprouting broccoli for lunch. "Just the ones you can snap off. The others are too tough to be worth eating."

2. All the women in our family learnt the piano with varying degrees of success. Rosey and I decide it's time to Alec had a go. We sit side by side on the bench -- Rosey has Alec on her arm, so she takes the bass part, and I take the treble and we play Heart and Soul.

3. The mother's meringues are crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle. "Oh, you know, I had to use an egg yolk in the moussaka, so I thought I'd better use up the whites."

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...