Saturday, May 14, 2011

Empty beds, unattended and whistling.

1. Alec is having his morning nap. I could go and have a shower... or I could stay here and read my book.

2. I discover that I can play the penny whistle while holding Alec on my knee. He is intrigued to hear his current favourite tunes (Darling Clementine and Wind the Bobbin Up) coming from a new source.

3. The beds in the park's formal garden are empty -- unwrinkled, neatly tilled soil. I'm imagining the plants stayed out all night (when Davs closed, they ended up at someone's house and then it got so late it was early, and now they are having a very late breakfast in a cafe).

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...