Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Anxious mother, looking for me and all OK.

1. "Come and at her at 25 past, that's half an hour" says the room leader as I am leaving Bettany.
"I think I'd better come at 20 past," I say anxiously.
They laugh kindly at me.

2. I run into Katie on the High Street. She had called at home looking for me, and I suddenly realise that I was definitely looking for someone to drink a coffee with until the 30 minutes are up.

3. "I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but she's been fine," they tell me. She is sitting in the cushion corner looking self-sufficient and bundly with her bald head and rather too large purple playset.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...