Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Determined, coffee and cream and stilts.

1. This night has been a failure in so many ways -- we're all awake at 5.30am and I am not happy about it. However, I do love Alec's determination not to sleep until he gets his turn at bubby-lie-down.

2. A good cup of coffee with a dollop of cream makes everything seem better.

3. While I am in the bathroom Alec comes upstairs with one of his Christmas presents. "What this?"
It's a pair of flowerpot stilts. I explain and he asks me to help him on -- the bathroom floor is too smooth really and he can't get the hang of it. I tell him to try on the rug downstairs.
When I come down he is pottering about looking very proud of himself.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...