Friday, January 17, 2014

Gamer in waiting, discount and light behind.

1. On the kitchen table is a piece of scenery left over from yesterday's gaming session with Meredith. (It's a cardboard coffee cup holder). Alec asks me about it. I tell him how Meredith put a wicked witch on it and had her shooting spells at us. (We used Alec's Champagne cork people for figurines). "You roll a die to see if she turns you into a frog." I give him a couple of dice and soon he is happily shouting out numbers and cackling like a wicked witch.

2. He hands me back the 50p. "There's a discount if you buy fish and chips together." Lucky old us.

3. A man outside the pub is having a cigarette with the light behind his smoke.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...