Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Taster, pony and affirmation.

1. I take Bettany for her first taster at nursery -- hasn't that come round quickly! I love to watch how kind and interested the baby room team are in their charges. I wish the first day boy's mum could have seen how empathetically they treated him whenever he remembered he wasn't at home, and how quickly he recovered.

2. Diana brings us a splendid thing for the children to share: a pony made from crocheted granny... well they're not squares, they're pentagons and heptagons and hexagons. He's called Fatty Lumpkin and we love him immediately.

3. Alec's habit of saying "I like you, Mum," at odd moments.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...