Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Aphelion, enjoying the sun and more than I thought.

1. At 8.10, the aphelion alarm that I set a few days ago, goes off. The sun is now at its furthest point from us.

2. Nick has put Bob out so he can enjoy the sunshine in the garden on this still day. Bob has climbed up his mesh and positioned himself opposite the sun. We think he works his way round to get maximum benefit -- but we're not entirely sure, as this seems awfully advanced for a creature that weighs less than a paper clip and built only to live a fortnight.

3. I'm reading my story thing (I hadn't realised how large the room was) and people (I hadn't realised how many) are laughing. Thanks to the lovely people at Word Up -- Hannah Gee and Katie Phipps.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...