Friday, May 25, 2012

No card, better length and through the door.

1. In one shop there is a musician playing a song about not being able to get over someone, and an area surrounded by a white plastic fence. Inside are some cakes and some wine and some people sitting in rows of seats that are too close together. There is a sign saying: "Exclusive event for reward cardholders only." I don't have a reward card.

2. The hairdresser pauses and says: "It hangs much better at this length, doesn't it." I am in complete agreement,  having lived with the wrong length for six weeks.

3. When I go to pick Alec up I see through the glass door that he is in the rocking chair having a cuddle with the nursery manager.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...