Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Man bubs, loll and washing machine.

1. Alec sidles up to me in the toddler pool and points to my chest, and then to his chest: "Bubs." And then he points to an older man paddling with his two small boys: "Man bubs." I'm glad the man is too far away to hear, but I'm secretly laughing.

2. A heavy little head lolls against my shoulder as I puff up the hill to home.

3. "...and look, if you press this button, it makes the rinse noise, it spins and then it dries."
"That is brilliant," says Nick. He is nearly as delighted as Alec is by the 50p toy washing machine -- just big enough for a wipe and a pair of toddler socks -- that we found in the window of a charity shop.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...