Friday, June 20, 2014

Purpose, one-to-one and language of flowers.

1. I particularly enjoy a run when I use it as a way of getting from B to A (A being home, I wouldn't want to arrive at B all hot and out of breath) or to do an errand.

2. When I pick Alec up from nursery I discover him asleep in the quiet corner on a pile of cushions. Everyone else is outside but they have stationed a kind and motherly member of staff nearby to keep an eye on his scabby knees, round cheeks and softly moving breath.

3. Nick brings home sunflowers and spiky eryngiums, which match my mood perfectly.

In the pond, spotted leaves and better kind of chocolate spread.

1. No tadpoles that I can see -- but something flips in the water just beyond my field of focus. 2. I take the muddy path so I can check on ...