Monday, June 30, 2014

Free to a good home, meeting up and fixed.

1. Outside Homebase is a stack of pots, just the sort I wanted, that are free to a good home.

2. We split up to do errands this morning: I to run out with Bettany in the pushchair, a fistful of batteries for recycling and some plastic bags; and Nick with Alec on his scooter and all the glass from yesterday's party. I have a good run and a look round the garden centre; and then across the car park I am very pleased to see a handsome grey head at work among the recycling bins.

3. With the help of a video, a razor blade and a precision screwdriver set I replace my broken laptop screen. It is very satisfying to make this sort of repair.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...